Recently described as “someone who just gets on with things” here are some quotes that inspire me:
Relationships with volunteers and colleagues:
- The way to get things done is not to mind who gets the credit for doing them
- When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself. (Wayne Dyer)
- Respect is earned. Honest is appreciated. Trust is gained, Loyalty is returned (Gloria)
- Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca)
- Never let someone with the significance of a speed bump become a roadblock in your life.
- Don’t wait for a light to appear at the end of the tunnel, stride down there and light the bloody thing yourself (Sara Henderson)
- The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all. (Meg Cabot)
- Striving for excellence motivates you; striving for perfection is demoralizing.” (Harriet Braiker)
- Better to do something imperfectly than to do nothing flawlessly (Dr. Robert Schuller)
and finally, the most important notes to self, a little reminder as we approach a new year……..
- To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- What we do for ourselves dies with us, what we do for others and the world is and remains immortal. (Albert Pine)